Wednesday, February 12, 2014

A Different Way of Math Instruction

I was talking to a fourth grade teacher today about her style of teaching and math.  We both agreed that she is so strong when she teaches small groups and is really able to pinpoint students' strengths and weaknesses.  We talked about her trying to do a daily five type format for math, and use her Acuity math results to really drive her small group and individual instruction.  I am so proud of her to be willing to take the leap and try things a different way!  When I go home and am not blocked by pinterest, I want to look up lots of ideas for her to support her.  In the meantime, I found a fourth grade teacher's website online where she talks about doing this same thing.

http://4thgradefrolics.blogspot.com/2013/04/math-workshopso-glad-i-went-there.html

No comments:

Post a Comment